Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I need help with conducting for my Drum Major audition...?

I need some help with enunciation. I just need a general technique to enunciate the trumpets%26#039; parts, as they sort of jump in every once in a while and are different from any other parts (sorry thats the best way I could explain it). This is just for one part of the song, as I am ok with the rest.
I need help with conducting for my Drum Major audition...?
Remember you want to cue a beat before the trumpets come in, and sometimes you can%26#039;t cue everyone. So you%26#039;ll have to pick which one is more important in the song. I would chose which ever has the most important cue needed. I would have to see the music to show it to you. Remember theres different ways to cue. You can use your left hand to cue, or if you want to use mirror style conducting (both hands) just accent on which beat they would come in. Also body expression is important, use your face as a cue, as a prep beat telling the trumpets where to breath to come in, when I have to cue a lot of people i tend to lean forward as a little cue.

No comments:

Post a Comment