Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bassoon...?

Okay, well I am going to start playing bassoon, right now I am FREAKING OUT! I HAVE 6 WEEKS TO LEARN 2 YEARS WORTH OF BASSOON!!!!! HELP ME! GIVE ME TIPS!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME! How can I start, what is the embouchure, how do you blow, how hard, and any misc. info.
Bassoon...?
Don%26#039;t worry. Getting for band next year, hmm? :) Good luck!





I suggest you get all the Standard of Excellence books for bassoon (I believe there are 3). I was in the same rut you were in earlier, and they definitely helped me. You have to blow with force, but don%26#039;t blow too hard. I actually suggest you start off with a plastic reed. It really helped me, and then a few weeks later, once I got used to the embouchure, I graduated to cane reeds. Also, I%26#039;ve found it easier to use the neck strap instead of the seat strap. It%26#039;s a bit easier to play with and position.





Just don%26#039;t worry. Chill out and practice leisurely for about 2 hours every day for the summer (not all at once; maybe an hour in the morning, half an hour before lunch, and then another half an hour before dinner or something like that). You will absorb so much that way. It%26#039;s great because you don%26#039;t even have to learn the bass clef or anything since you already play bass clarinet. :) I wish you the best of luck, and have fun with your bassoon!
Bassoon...?
uh well like i was kinda in your


position and basically practice on your reed and make sure you make a crowing noise cause if you don%26#039;t play your reed u cant play the instrument and make sure you practice basic scales because a scale is a good way to get in all the notes in and u my also want to buy a tuner so u can make sure are playing the notes right and VERY VERY important watch ur fingers and where u place them on the top hand make sure u don%26#039;t press down ur middle finger arc it and press and on ur bottom hand make sure u don%26#039;t rest ur thumb away from the keys place it on them with out pressing them cause if u dont yull be comstanly moving ur thumb compared to slithly moving it also practice playing ur C on ur boucle

No comments:

Post a Comment