Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cello help?

Okay so I%26#039;ve been playing my cello for a year at school and I only know how to tune it with the fine tuners. My G string is all... wobbly and the fine tuners won%26#039;t do anyting for that. I really need to practice. Can you tell me how to use the pegs?
Cello help?
1) Check to see that its wound properly in the peg box. Is the string wrapped snugly against the pegbox, nicely wrapped, one loop after the other or is it piled atop each other, and spread out? If its not nicely wrapped, restring it. That will effect the staying power of the string.





2) When you tune, push in while you turn. You%26#039;ll also want to tune about a half a step higher than you want the string to be because when you get the rest of the strings tune, the tension will bring the string down to its proper pitch.





3) Make sure your fine tuners are loosened pretty well before you use the pegs or else you%26#039;ll have no where to tune!





~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment